I Wish You the Happy Christmas & Prosperous New Year

Monday 11 March 2013

March 11

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me”. (phil. 4.13).
The Lord took Paul through many painful trials (2Cor.12:7-10). Nobody knows even today what his thorn in the flesh was, but we believe it was something very painful. That is why he besought the Lord thrice to take it away from him. He was not a man to grumble. He never complained to the Lord, nor did he murmur against the trials he went through (2Corinthians.11:24-28). With all these sufferings he never once complained. He knew how to go through the most painful sufferings. Never once did he say, “Oh Lord don’t take me through these sufferings any more.” Then came this thorn in the flesh. It was so painful that he prayed thrice for the Lord to take it away. He said “I cannot bear it any longer. This is too for me” The Lord said, “My grace is sufficient for thee.” The thorn was for a purpose. First of all to keep him humble, lest he should exalt himself above measure, and secondly to prove the power of resurrection to him. In Philippians 4:11-13 he said: “I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.”
There were times when he had to do without food for some days, and had other needs as well, yet he felt strong in all his trails. God permits in our lives many painful situations and circumstances that we may have an opportunity to prove His faithfulness, and so that the power of resurrection will come more and more to us.

Today's calendar Bible verse:
Turn ye even to me with all your hart, and with fasting. Joel 2 :12

0 comments:

Post a Comment