I Wish You the Happy Christmas & Prosperous New Year

Sunday 27 January 2013

I Chron 29.5

“Who then is willing to consecrate his service this day unto the Lord” (I Chron 29.5)
At last, after many years of experience and training, David had come to a position of spiritual responsibilities for the vision of God’s house and could say ‘Now I know why God has chosen me.’ Having showed the pattern to Solomon, he gave all his mighty men the opportunity and privilege of having a share in this task. The privilege was only for those who were of a “willing” heart.
We may be preaching, or praying, or teaching, or merely doing some menial task in the service of God, but if it is done under man’s pressure, then it will not be acceptable to God. If you perform anything for God at any time simply under compulsion, or for what you can get out of it on earth, then there will be no reward for you in heaven. God demands willing service.

0 comments:

Post a Comment